Join us for our latest In Conversations session, to consider the role of emotions in creating productive organisations, engaged employees and effective leaders in today's society —
Whilst the awareness of emotions has increased in the past decade, organisations are still behind the eight ball on how best to harness emotions in order to ensure positive employee, customer and organisational outcomes.
Our panel of experts question whether attempting to create a 'happy' workplace is a pitfall in today's society, discuss how emotion in the workplace can best be harnessed to your organisation's advantage, and prompt you to think critically and commercially about emotions in your organisation.
Combining the unique perspective of our 3 panellists, we explore topics such as:
- Why negative emotions aren't always bad;
- How society's expectations of work have changed the emotional landscape of both organisations and leadership;
- The climate we need to create for employees to be as productive as possible and how this differs for different occupations and industries;
- The role of emotions at the individual, team and organisational level;
- Interplay of emotions and different generations and how leaders can navigate this; and
- The connection between emotions in the workplace and mental health.
Trevor-Roberts' In Conversations Series provides unfettered access to industry leaders who share deep insights from their experiences in an open, conversational forum.
Our speakers —
CEO - AccessEAP
As the CEO of AccessEAO, Sally Kirkright brings a wealth of experience regarding mental health in the workplace and is passionate about improving the mental health and wellbeing of employees around Australia. Through AccessEAP, Sally enables workplaces to put People in Focus, creating a positive, productive and supportive workplace culture.
Acting Director - Work Organisation and Wellbeing Research Centre
Peter Jordan is a Professor of Organisational Behaviour and the Acting Director of the Work Organisation and Wellbeing Research Centre at the Griffith Business School, Griffith University. Through his extensive research, Peter brings a deep understanding of emotions in the workplace
CEO - Trevor-Roberts
Edwin has significant experience guiding organisations of all sizes through transformational change as a result of industry reform and disruption and shifting organisational requirements. He has worked with some of Australia's largest Health, Community and Aged Care Services, Engineering and Not-for-Profit organisations as well as a number of Government Departments & Agencies.